Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Skepticon 5 Postscript

I've been home from Skepticon 5 for a few days.  I made several posts about it while I was there.  I had a lot more to say that I just didn't have time to get typed.  I also had a few smaller things that warranted mention, but not their own individual posts:
  • Matt Dillahunty and JT Eberhard need to do a magic off.
  • Atheists enjoy jokes referencing Schrödinger's cat.
  • Local groups in different towns need to do more communicating and idea sharing.  Events like Skepticon are perfect for this, but we should be doing so all year round.
  • Atheists wear an interesting variety of hats. Both literal and metaphorical.
  • A lot of atheists have active groups in their town and don't even know it.  I referred multiple people to active groups in their own towns.
  • JT Eberhard was right about how easy it is to make new friends at Skepticon. 
Also, check these out.


Thanks to this trip to Skepticon, I now know what I'm doing every November for as long as they're having it and for as long as I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment