Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nuke-Con

My life has been pretty heavy on the atheism in the last year, especially since the Reason Rally.  But it's not my entire life.  For instance, last weekend was Nuke-Con, a gaming convention that's been in Omaha for 10 years. but I hadn't heard of it until this year.

I was looking forward to it this weekend both because I love table-top gaming and because it was something secular, nothing to do with religion.  It's nice to step back from all the drama of politics and activism every once in a while.  That's not to say I have any desire to stop being an activist.  I absolutely have no desire to stop my activism.  Besides, even if I wanted to, I don't think my conscience would ever allow it.

Then I get there and see this.

 

I'm torn.  On one hand, I am annoyed with the Christian insistence on pushing their religion in every venue they can.  But on the other, I'm considering copying the marketing method.  Especially since, with the gaming community as an audience, I suspect atheists would get more return on investment than Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment