Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Challenge For Oppressed Christians

I saw this in my Facebook stream today:
(via Chad Aldridge)
I would very much like to see a Christian take on this challenge.  I see too many Christians whine about how oppressed they are.  I see it often enough, this picture was relevant in an conversation today on Twitter.

So, if you're a Christian who thinks you're oppressed for being Christian, I challenge you to wear an atheist shirt for a week.  Until then, you have no clue what you're talking about.  I would also accept you wearing a turban all the way through air travel, wearing it when you get to the airport and not taking if off until leaving the destination airport.

And if you know a Christian like that, go ahead and present them with this challenge.  I hope to learn about someone actually doing it.  I highly doubt they will, because I think they know exactly what would happen if they ever left their comfort zone bubble and walked a mile in our shoes.

But I can still dream.

1 comment:

  1. I am a Christian and when my fellow Christians talk about being persecuted for their religious beliefs in America or any developed country I have to stop myself from straight up laughing in their faces. No one is getting killed or tortured for their religious believes in any very developed country so they really don't have anything to complain about. It is actually said in the bible that the world will not receive Christianity with open arms and one must be ready for opposition. If "persecution" in today's society is a few disparaging remarks I'm totally fine with being persecuted. Especially when some of my fellow "Christians" are the source of reason for these remarks.

    ReplyDelete