Monday, July 2, 2012

Chick-fil-A Does Not Want Your Money

If you've ever wanted to combine the experiences of eating chicken and donating to hate groups, I have good news for you!  You can accomplish both with one visit to Chick-fil-A.

It's more than likely, that the latter of those two things is not something you want to do.  Chick-fil-A does not appear to want your money.  They certainly don't want mine.  I used to eat there almost weekly.  It was very close to my work & made for an easy, quick lunch.

Then I learned of their past donations to various hate groups.  Since then, I've refused to eat there.  I've also been telling everyone I can about this (both in person and online).  The response is almost always surprise, a statement in support of my boycott of Chick-fil-A, and/or a thanks for telling them.  I've shared the Change.org article more times than I can count.

Today (the same day Anderson Cooper came out to the shock of no one), they made news again.  They're still donating to hate groups.

Unlike Chick-Fil-A, JC Penney, Kraft Foods, General Mills, and others have all recently discovered that supporting equality is good for business.  Since their pro-equality stances, I've intentionally spent money on all 3, that I wouldn't have otherwise

Time will tell how it affects the bigot owned chicken restaurant, located primarily in the South, where marriage equality still faces fierce opposition.  Until then, I will keep telling everyone I can about Chick-fil-A's bad moral practices to do my part to make it bad for their business.  I hope you will too.

Thanks to Hemant Mehta, who's excellent blog is where I first learned of today's news.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I read this blog looooong ago. I remember this post. Had no idea it was yours!

    ReplyDelete